Thursday, May 14, 2009

Trolling forums for great SEO content

As an SEO Copywriter, creating relevant content is priority one for me. I've finally found a great article on tips for creating great content.

The tip in the article that I liked best was to research the most popular questions relating to your industry. The article suggested trolling forums, which I think is a great idea.

I usually do keyword research to find the terms people are searching. For example, "cosmetic dentistry," and then figure that a dentist's Web site really needs a page on cosmetic dentistry, based on the search traffic. Then, I come up with generic questions I want the page to answer, such as, what is cosmetic dentistry? Who is a good candidate for cosmetic dentistry?

But a better solution might be to troll forums to find out what people are asking about, then do the keyword research relating to those topics, to choose what to write pages about.

Not that they're mutually exclusive. Obviously I can do things my way, up until right before I'd start writing, then do a survey of forums to see what questions people are asking about my keywords.

No comments:

Post a Comment