Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Bartering for SEO

Sometimes the SEO and, I'm guessing, Web design worlds can seem a little incestuous, with everyone linking to and talking about the same people, stories and topics.

Some of my interests lie beyond Search Engine Optimization, and while some may say that makes me less of an SEO, I say, "Non!" (French accent, for no reason)

While pursuing an interest outside of SEO, I ran across an article that I then linked with SEO. It's about bartering, and how in times of economic uncertainty, bartering begins to look more attractive. The interesting thing about this article is that the author used graphic design services as an example multiple times. And since that's related to Triad Web Design, in that we do Web design, it made me think about bartering we could do.

For instance, one of our clients is a dental services company. It's been a few minutes since I went to the dentist, maybe we could barter SEO for dental work.

That would save me from having to pay taxes like a freelancer, which, if you don't know, is something you want to avoid because they're egregious.

The point here is that marketing, including Web marketing, is often one of the first things a troubled business will abandon. But it should be the last. I really, honestly don't think you could get better ROI than a well-built, Search Engine Optimized Web site. Maybe if you don't have the cash on hand, you could offer a trade to a Web marketing company. Read the article and think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment